Saturday, April 19, 2008

What I got - Thrifting finds

Many of the best clothes and accessories I own have been discovered while thrifting. When I say thrifting, I don't mean thrift stores because we don't have any of those in Barbados, unfortunately. Almost every Saturday, someone holds a garage sale or flea market and this is the thrifting outlet for many Barbadians who are looking to get good deals on various items. I try to go as often as I can, but many times, I'm either busy or I wake up too late and the sun is way too hot at that time. Trust me, scorching sun equals misery.

These past two Saturdays, however, I was able to go to a few sales and get some pretty good stuff. Now the things I get cannot be compared to the amazing clothes and accessories available in other countries for dirt cheap prices (I wanna go away so badly!) but they're reasonable. Below are the items I purchased.

N.B BDS $1 = US $0.50


Red, Navy and White striped cardigan - BDS$10
Pink turtleneck - BDS$5


Full pleated pink striped skirt - BDS$5
Full tiered pink skirt (not dingy as in picture) - BDS $5


Large Square Clock Scarf - BDS$7
Large Square Dotted Scarf - BDS$7


Yellow and teal drop earrings - BDS$5


Brand new Grey Striped Shorts - BDS$7
(
There was also a pair of Ralph Lauren shorts for BDS$5 but they were too small for me. Pity!)


Wide Brown Textured Belt - Free


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great finds--I especially like the pink skirt. I think it's cool that all over the world people are going to sales and finding great second-hand items. Hope you can come to the US sometime for the thrifting!

Danz said...

Thanks for the comment! I hope to some day but I'll have to restrain myself from buying too many things though!

la principessa emicrania said...

wow! i bet a lot of people would like to spend their saturday mornings in barbados at some garage sales! i would! the belt for free is great.

Unknown said...

I bet a lot of people would like to spend their saturday mornings in Barbados in general :)
Awesome finds! And awesome prices, too!

Anonymous said...

I love LOVE those earrings! I adore finding unique jewelery. it's a passion.

Danz said...

Thanks! These last two weekends were actually productive so I was happy.

Getting stuff for free is definitely not a regular occurrence. The lady seemed like she wanted to get rid of her stuff so she just threw that in. I was surprised but not about to turn it down!

sugar.cake - you and I are one in the same. I absolutely love it when I find unique jewelry as well.

Thanks for stopping by!

geri hirsch said...

this blog is so great!!

Danz said...

Wow thank you so much! I think yours is really cool as well. I'll add you to my blogroll, you can do the same if you like.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great, those earrings is really beautiful : )
http://www.stylebyme.net/

Danz said...

Thanks! :D