Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rock those stars!

During Christmas break last year, I got bored of a lot of the clothes in my wardrobe and went on a mad reconstruction spree. While many of the clothes were carefully nipped and tucked, some just received some surface enhancement, like the skirt below.



I bought this skirt a long time ago but I hardly ever wore it. I was going to give it away at first but then i changed my mind in favour of revamping it a little. I've always loved stars, so I wanted to find a way of putting some kind of star motif on it.

At first I was going to print it but I decided to be a little more creative and embellish it with washers. I had used washers a few times before to make jewelry but never anything like this. So I began working on it and a few hours and sore fingers later, I had a new pimped out skirt with washer stars!

(Shame on me, I still haven't worn the thing.)


I'm not the only one that's really into stars these days as they were prominent motifs on the Yves Saint Laurent and Chanel Spring/Summer 2008 runways.

If you're into stars like Karl and I(haha!) have a look at these cute, fun items below.







Multicolor Star Swim Top and Bottoms (sold separately)
Price: US$20 each
Get the top here
Get the bottoms here


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site has won a Blog of the Day Award (BOTDA)

Award Code

Thank you,

famous quotes

Siljesfashion said...

Love the star skirt, so cute!

Dollfaced Rebel said...

Ohhh Stars. I love it... You are talented. You did a wonderful job on the skirt.

Danz said...

bill - thank you very much for the award!

siljesfashion - I'm not sure which star skirt you're refering to but I'm gunna say thanks anyway!

dollfaced rebel - Thank you! I'm glad you like it!

Jill said...

On top of the trend! Definetly a cool motif. Sweet choice.

Danz said...

Thanks jill :)

S said...

i love the star inspirations in latest fashion... well, not like wearing stras head to toe but some accents (like your skirt! so amazing) make the outfit look really unique. and i want your skirt XD

Anonymous said...

Love the tank top and skirt

Danz said...

thanks so much holly_g :))

nutstump, i think they're really cute too! thanks for visiting.

Fashion Tidbits said...

:D i like your star post too!