Thursday, June 25, 2009

Float like a Fashionable Butterfly

Butterflies are exquisite, beautiful creatures and the butterfly motif is a perfect addition to the summer wardrobe. The butterfly is symbolic of many good things to various people such as love, freedom, rebirth, and good luck - all great things to feel and experience when summer comes around.


photo courtesy ces.ncsu.edu


When it comes to fashion, the butterfly motif can be interpreted in ways that caters either to those with extravagant tastes or those who prefer things a bit more subtle.

For me, the allure of the butterfly is in the subtlety of its thin delicate wings, the eye-catching designs and colours on its wings and the graceful, playful way it flies through the air. Any fashion piece that I wear which features the butterfly's likeness should reflect these qualities.

On the other hand, Mariah Carey, who is well known for her butterfly obsession, simply prefers her butterflies shiny and bedazzled.


photos courtesy nimony.com and eurweb.com


My feelings towards butterflies haven't ventured into obsession zone but I definitely have a love for them. When I was a child, there was an area behind my house where an abundance of gorgeous butterflies would gather and I would spend long hours observing and playing with them. Unfortunately, this area was cleared some time later and I haven't seen such a large group of butterflies since. In fact, I'm lucky if I even see one. Butterflies are much like rainbows for me. They are such amazing, lovely creations that I rarely get the chance to see, so I can't help but smile and feel a sense of happiness when I do.

The pretty and playful butterfly motif was featured in the Spring/Summer 09 collections of designers like Badgley Mischka, Collette Dinnigan and Diane von Furstenburg (below).


photos courtesy style.com


These two ladies (below) who attended this year's Royal Ascot races proudly displayed their love for butterflies where everyone could easily see it - on their heads.


photos courtesy dailymail.co.uk


Below are some cute, stylish butterfly options that will have you set for the summer.





Butterfly Belt
Price: UK£15.00 (US$24.63)




16 comments:

DaisyChain said...

I have a thing for butterflies too.

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

Your blog is just soooo very informative. This butterfly post is beautiful. I love butterflies too, as a matter of fact, when I was walking home from the store yesterday, I saw a beautiful butterfly. They are so very graceful.

The pieces you're showing are beautiful as well, I particularly love the evening gown.

Have a wonderful day, my Dear.

Anonymous said...

loving the butterfly inspiration
i like wearing butterflies in my hair every once in a while..the clip gave me new perspective
adorable stuff, love your blog

-cma
check out my blog @
cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

Syed said...

I must admit that I have a love for butterflies. I actually ran out into my garden last week when I managed to see one fluttering in the grass :) Those butterfly hats may be taking it a bit too far though lol.

I am in love with that butterfly hair comb and the ASOS necklace!! And I do like that colourful tote at the end. Oh, you're officially down on the project list dear :)

Toni Alexis said...

Hope your well girly! i am in love with that Truly Madly Deeply Butterfly Wing Burnout Racerback!! Think i wanna order one now!

hope life is love

xoxo

Kim said...

I love butterflies!

Christa Weil said...

Love your blog, Danz. Great, great energy. I'm linking and will be checking in!! best, Christa

www.fashionpreserve.blogspot.com

Sharon S said...

Hi there-I agree, butterflies are so pretty, especially on accessories and clothes. A lovely post my dear and I hope you are keeping well!

Nemerae said...

Hi!
Thanks for your comment =)
Yep, I enjoyed the weekend with my friends, we went out until late.
I also love butterflies!! *.* I like everything fragile/delicate: fairies, butterflies, dragonflies, feathers...
Those dresses by Collette Dinnigan and Diane von Furstenburg are so lovely!!
Have a nice week,
xx

NOIR Chic said...

Really Love THis Blog!! It's Put Together Very Very Well!!

PLEASE JOIN MINE!!



http://noirchicmagazine.blogspot.com/

http://noirchicmagazine.blogspot.com/

http://noirchicmagazine.blogspot.com/

http://noirchicmagazine.blogspot.com/

http://noirchicmagazine.blogspot.com/

Marian said...

Butterflies are adorable!There is something a strong and delicate thing going on about them.
Hope your well Danz.
Muah x
Marian.

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

Hey, Sweet Danz! I have something for you on my blog. Take a peek when you get time! Ciao!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

You always find the cutest clothes!!

A BIT COQUETTISH said...

I have a weakness for butterfly rings - like Mariah! (:

bisous,
La C.

Noble Beeyotch said...

so summer perefct....and i love the pieces you have posted.

Lauragray said...

Your blog is just cool very informative. I love wearing stylist butterflies in my hair every once in a while. love your blog