Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Edged Out

The edgy styles of 2009 are a modern take on 80s rocker and 90s grunge looks. They're daring, striking and full of sexy attitude!

These edgy looks usually consists of things like leather, fringe, metal jewelry and embellishments, ripped fabric, faded denim, graphic patterns and both body conscious and loose-fitting clothing.


Photobucket
photos courtesy: http://www.papermag.com, http://backyardbill.blogspot.com,
http://www.garancedore.fr, http://facehunter.blogspot.com
http://www.thefashionspot.com, http://stockholmstreetstyle.feber.se
http://damstyle.blogspot.com, http://www.hoyfashion.co.uk



With looks this bold, particularly if it's not your usual style, doing too much at once may end up looking a little too contrived so it's important to do it in moderation.

If you want to do say, three pieces at once, one of them can be a major statement piece while making the other two more subtle.
Or perhaps every piece can be somewhat subtle but they work together to make one attention-grabbing outfit.

When you have found a style that works for you, you can then try to experiment with some more adventurous looks.

If you're looking to edge up your wardrobe, here are some cool, affordable pieces I found:





Warehouse Fringed Longline Vest
Price: UK
£40.00 (US$67.40)







H81 Electric Pole Tank
Price: US$10.90





29 comments:

Angela said...

oh my gosh, have not visited you in such a long time. hope all is well. love all your picks. talk to you soon.

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Ooh, that striped dress is exactly what I've been looking for! Thanks :)

Jess Lee said...

Ooh I love your picks, especially the snake ring! Also, that tank is cute but so cheap. H81 and Forever 21 have surprisingly cool stuff sometimes.

The items you picked out remind me of this look, but I'd do the ripped jeans instead of the shorts.
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=8485020

Arielle said...

nice blog!!

Fashionminority.blogspot.com

daughterofmartha said...

I love the rocker look of this season, and it only takes a few key pieces! I recently bought a pair of gladiator cut-out booties from Shopbop that are amazing. I used Ebates.com and got cash back on my purchase!

Tricia said...

Tripp! that line takes me back! Great grouping of styles here, all my favorite looks.
And I've been totally remiss in visiting blogs lately, so thanks for your comment, and I can relate!

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

She's baaaaack....
This is a great post about the edginess of the latest trends in fashion. I've been enamored with a 60's mod vibe mixed with an 80's tailoring. My edgy pieces consist of my blue jean and leather jackets, and my stiletto gladiators and hidden platform round-toed pumps.

Glad to have you back, my dear. I love the leather vest and the booties. Great looks.

Have a great week.

Sharon S said...

Hi there-a great post my dear, I too love all things 80s and the first vest you've shown is gorgeous! have a great week!

Couture Carrie said...

Hey D my darling ~ welcome back! I missed you!

Looooove this post! The collage is tres sexy, and I am enamored of the fringed vest and that last striped dress. And the price is right too!


xoxox,
CC

christina said...

I especially noticed the ripped black skinnies being really back in the trend. It won't be long before it permeates the rest of the fashion sphere.

BEAUTIFULDIRTYRICH said...

o m g i want that ring!! ahhh lol

i really like your posts :)
come stop by my blog if you have some time? i only have one post right now but i want to hear what you think!

have a great one

erica xx

AsianCajuns said...

Welcome back, Danz! And congrats on that degree!!!
Love all the pics here- esp that moto vest!

guard runner said...

ciao dall'italia

Rachel said...

i love the snake ring - i have one just like it! i've also been wearing my jean jacket a lot lately, i'm glad its made such a strong comeback

Plus Size Dresses said...

I was looking for these collections...
Thanks for sharing them!!!!

Margaux said...

that is great inspiration!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

oooh that fringed vest...hot!

Seeker said...

So great to have you back dear, I've been missing you :)And hope all is good.

That's a very interesting post with great tips and fantastic finds, dear.

Have a nice time

xoxoxox

josephine wayward said...

great inspiration.. thanks for sharing <3!

Anonymous said...

yay youre back! congrats on finishing the degree!

Blicious said...

i love it all! :)

Rebecca Jane said...

it's so funny that the 90's are back, already. It makes me feel old! Even though I was still pretty little then...

Anonymous said...

great post..you have an eye for beautiful pieces
love all these..great edge to each one

you have a wonderful blog..keep up the good work!!

-cma
check out my blog @
cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

micol zanzuri said...

i whant the latex skirt!!!!

Ashley said...

Love that Silence & Noise vest! So glad you are back :)

WendyB said...

I like that tank top!

Egle said...

I want these sunglasses!!

Toni Alexis said...

ooohhh this stuff is so my style....great post!!!!

xoxo

Iva Messy said...

cute boots and tank top!!